Built on decades of expertise in the vision market, eBUS SDK is the industry leading choice for image capture, display, and transmission in thousands of mission-critical automation, security & defense, and medical applications. eBUS SDK is a comprehensive solution, providing developers with a feature-rich platform that simplifies application development along with receive and transmit capabilities to streamline end-to-end data delivery between sensor devices and host applications.
eBUS is a single SDK that enables developers to write code that can implement either or both receive and transmit modes of operation. The eBUS SDK is built on a single API to receive video over GigE, 10 GigE, and USB that is portable across Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems. With a Developer Seat License, designers can develop production-ready software applications in the same environment as their end-users, and quickly and easily modify applications for different media, while avoiding supporting multiple APIs from different vendors. Compared to camera vendor provided SDKs, eBUS frees developers from being tied to a specific camera, and instead they can choose the device that is best for the application.
eBUS SDK complies fully with the GigE Vision, USB3 Vision and GenICam standards. It interoperates seamlessly with Pleora’s extensive portfolio of video interface products, as well as with standards-compliant products from other manufacturers. Purchasing the eBUS SDK (Developer Seat License) includes access to online support and technical documentation. For dedicated technical expertise, including installation and configuration support, a Developer Support Subscription is available.
eBUS Tx for Sensor Devices
eBUS Tx is a software implementation of a full device level GigE Vision transmitter, without requiring any additional hardware. Adding eBUS Tx to a CPU’s software stack turns it into a fully compliant GigE Vision device that supports image transmission and enables the device to respond to control requests from a host controller. eBUS Tx is GigE Vision and GenICam compliant, meaning end-users can use any standards-compliant third-party image processing system. eBUS Tx currently supports the GigE Vision standard, contact Pleora if USB3 Vision image transmission is required.
eBUS Rx for Host Applications
eBUS Rx manages high-speed reception of images or data into buffers for hand-off to the end application for further analysis. Developers can write applications that run on a host computer to seamlessly control and configure an unlimited number of GigE Vision or USB3 Vision and GenICam compliant sensors.
The eBUS Universal Pro driver reduces CPU usage when receiving images or data, leaving more processing power for analysis and inspection applications while helping to meet latency and throughput requirements for real-time applications. The eBUS Universal Pro driver is easily integrated into third-party processing software to bring performance advantages to end-user applications.
eBUS Player Toolkit
The eBUS Player Toolkit, included with the purchase of a Developer Seat License and also freely downloadable from the Pleora website, is an easy-to-use solution to both view streams and develop, test and evaluate advanced application features. The toolkit includes:
- eBUS Player: Allows users to control the parameters of GigE Vision and USB3 Vision compliant devices. The player receives video and allows users to view streaming data and adjust device configuration settings to determine optimal settings for the vision system. Note: the source code for eBUS Player is included as one of the code samples in the SDK.
- eBUS Universal Pro Driver: Assists in transferring video from a GigE Vision stream to vision system applications, ensuring delivery with low, consistent latency while reducing CPU resource utilization.
- Raw Image Viewer: View raw binary images saved with eBUS Player.
- Camera Link Setup Assistant: Specify location of CL Protocol DLL files and automatically generates (or updates) GENICAM_CLPROTOCOL environment variable.
Developer Support Subscription
The Developer Support Subscription provides one year (365 days) of functional support for the eBUS SDK by a dedicated team of senior application engineers. This support offering is suited for customers requiring ongoing support during testing and development stages. The subscription includes:
- Best practice guidance and troubleshooting support during basic installation and setup
- Configuration support, analysis, and recommendations to ensure optimal performance
- Source code samples to help speed design time
- Access to dedicated technical support and documentation
eBUS FAQ and Overview
To learn more about eBUS, including Developer Seat and Runtime licensing, support subscriptions, migrating from previous versions, and platform support, see the FAQ.