Scrum Master (someone who wants to create an Agile workforce)(Full time permanent position)
Why work for us?
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time video products, standards knowledge, and systems expertise in mission-critical imaging products for the industrial automation, medical, and military markets. Our products help system integrators and imaging device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
As the leader in networked video technologies and pioneer of the GigE Vision standard, our company is seeking to accelerate our transformation in embedded vision/IoT, video capture, processing and display solutions by hiring a Scrum Master to lead the agile practice within the organization. The successful applicant will have experience working with teams and projects using Agile development practices. You should be knowledgeable about both engaging team members and working closely as the liaison between Engineering, Product Management and UXD to drive the creation of user stories to accelerate delivery of products to market. Apply today to be part of a leader in high-performance networked video and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in embedded vision, AI, GPUs and FPGAs and help drive our vision for Industry 4.0.
What you do:
- Lead and facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Work closely with Product Management and UXD teams to plan sprints for the engineering teams
- Guide teams in implementing Agile methodology throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as a coach and mentor within the organization for Agile practices
- Lead the development of user stories for the engineers
- Establish deliverables and track milestones according to schedule
- Suggest and implement 3rd party tools in Confluence and JIRA to help manage Agile projects
- Build end to end processes to link software and hardware from requirements to manufacturing
- Recommend improvements and drive alignment across the Pleora Engineering & Innovation organization
- Other duties may be assigned as required
What you need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent; or combination of education and experience
- Certified Scrum Master desired
- 3+ years of experience with exercising Agile, Scrum, Agile and Lean methodologies
- Strong aptitude in both software and hardware projects at the systems level
- Ability to understand product requirements, personas and design scenarios and translate them into user stories that can be understood by the engineering team
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) principles
- Understanding of the servant leadership model
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills; when the team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together
- Possesses conflict resolution skills, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect
- Is an expert in estimation and planning; knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects
- Be a good coach in Agile practices, and is able to coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Ensures the teams’ goals are clearly articulated and actions to achieve them
- Ability to track and remove risks
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process
This is how to apply: This job is located in Kanata (Ottawa), Ontario. If you have the experience we are looking for, and want to make a positive difference, please forward your resume in a Word or PDF attachment to the attention of email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject header. We thank all applicants for their interest. Successful applicants will be contacted by Pleora for an initial discussion. If suitable, you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process.
Pleora will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.