Manufacturing Assembly Operator(Full Time-Permanent Position)
Why work for Pleora?
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time video products, standards knowledge, and systems expertise in mission-critical imaging products for the industrial automation, medical, and military markets. Our products help system and imaging device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
Pleora is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Operator to assemble, program and test electro-mechanical assemblies while maintaining Pleora’s high quality standards. The successful candidate thrives in a dynamic team environment and can effectively multi-task competing priorities. This individual will contribute to continuous process improvement, and is familiar with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
What you will do:
Manufactures electro-mechanical assemblies to Pleora’s quality and labour standards. Proactively assesses resource availability (e.g. material, labour, and equipment) and takes action to resolve imbalances. Maintains and improves upon a safe, clean, and organized work environment. Collaborates and performs cross functional work assignments in a small team environment. Maintains and develops skills supporting multiple operations /manufacturing disciplines.
What you need:
- High school diploma; or combination of education and related work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a fast paced electro-mechanical manufacturing team environment
- Lean Manufacturing & process improvement experience
- IPC-A-610 certification
- High attention to detail & quality
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Soldering and mechanical assembly, rework/reconfiguration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good sense of humour
- Experience loading FPGA programming, testing & inspecting printed circuit and mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge of IPC manufacturing standards and anti-static material handling procedures
- Data entry & computer experience (e.g. ERP systems, MS Office suite)
- Inventory management skills including; cycle counting, kitting, issuing
- Asset: Experience in shipping & receiving routines
To Apply: This job is located in Ottawa. If you have the experience we are looking for, please forward your resume in a PDF attachment to the attention of email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject header. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.