Controller(Full-time permanent position)
Come work for us
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time video products, standards knowledge, and systems expertise in mission-critical imaging products for the industrial automation, medical, and military markets. Our products help system and imaging device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
We are seeking an experienced Controller to join our organization. In this position, the Controller will be responsible for heading the finance department, reporting directly to the CFO. This individual will handle the major reporting and analysis duties for our company; verify financial records and transactions, and monitor the accounting team. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities, and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas. Must have solid communication, analytical and management skills. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE).
What you do
- Manage all accounting operations including Payroll, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly consolidated financial statements and analysis of operating results including preparation/review of subsidiary financial statements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies, procedures and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual review/audit and income tax filing(s) for parent company and subsidiaries
- Provide recommendations on operational improvements and efficiencies
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage cash flow and prepare monthly cash forecasts
- Supervise accounting department employees
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Other duties may be assigned as required
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required
- Previous experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager in a manufacturing company
- Experience preparing multi-currency consolidated financial statements
- Excellent accounting software user with experience creating management reports
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with SR&ED filings
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation
- Familiarity with Intuitive and Salesforce systems
How to apply: This job is located in Kanata, Ontario. If you have the experience we are looking for, please forward your resume in a Word or PDF attachment to the attention of email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject header. We thank all applicants for their interest. Successful applicants will be contacted by Pleora for an initial discussion. If suitable, you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process.
Pleora will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.