Application Engineering(Full time permanent position)
Come Work With Us!
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time sensor networking products, standards knowledge, and systems expertise in mission-critical industrial automation, medical, and military applications. Our products help system and imaging device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
Work on cutting-edge technologies that will push your skills and expertise in a role that will let you do impactful work while growing your career. In this position you will be focused on ensuring excellent technical service during the post-sales phase, through engagement with end-user customers, camera designers, system integrators, and distributors as well as internal teams. You will work with the full range of Pleora’s sensor interface products on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, ARM, Mac OS-x), and use your software skills to review, debug, and develop sample code for customers. You’ll collaborate with our application engineering and product development teams – widely regarded as the experts in sensor interface technologies – and work directly with our global customer base of designers, systems integrators, and manufacturers to help solve their problems. Based on your work with our customers, you may also provide input into potential future products and features. A more detailed list of job duties is noted below.
What you do:
- Draw out the key issues from customers, distil the details into focused summaries and communicate information to the appropriate individual
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Establish potential alternate solutions and various test setups
- Explain complex system behaviours to those not intimately familiar with the product
- Develop demo application based on Pleora’s eBUS SDK
- Have familiarity in some of the following:
- Software development _C, C++, scripting languages, in Windows and/or Linux
- Software development based on open APIs
- Low-level configuration of PC system internals, including drivers
- Setting up and troubleshooting small IP networks
- Video streaming/compression technologies
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
What you need:
- Graduate from a post-secondary program in Computer Science, Systems or Electrical Engineering or equivalent; or a combination of education and experience
- Three to five years of practical experience performing in an Application Engineering role, or similar
- Be keen to learn new technologies
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy competencies that can be applied to customer interactions
- Possess strong effective English written and verbal communication skills
- Be team orientated
- Salary commensurate with relevant experience
Apply now to this great Application Engineering opportunity. This job is located in Ottawa. Please forward your resume in a PDF attachment to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject header. We’ll review your application and have HR connect with you if you’re a good fit! We thank you for your interest.
Pleora will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.