Pleora offers a complete portfolio of Gigabit Ethernet (GigE)-based networked video elements — hardware, software, and firmware — that optimize a vision system’s design and real-time digital imaging and processing performance.
Our singular focus on networked video connectivity gives us unique insight into the challenges of achieving performance and reliability over Ethernet networks. We understand video-over-Ethernet technology, know the applications, and play a lead role in the ongoing evolution of vision standards.
Why networked video?
Networked video means that all elements — such as image sensors, cameras, computers, video receivers, video servers, control units, and displays — are connected to each other by one or more switches, and everything uses the same standard framework to transmit or receive video and control data.
Networked video offers a number of distinct advantages for transporting high-resolution video:
- Reduced system costs: Having all elements connected to each other through a standard Ethernet network, using standard Ethernet components, minimizes the need for costly specialized equipment and custom cabling.
- Greater design flexibility: Networked video allows for virtually any configuration option, from traditional point-to-point to point-to-multipoint and everything in between, so that system integrators and designers can meet the specific needs of more applications, and more markets.
- Easy system maintenance: Adding to a vision system, upgrading vision components, or making configuration changes is simple and, in most cases, can be done with little to no interruption. This improves system availability and provides the end-customer with a greater return on investment.
Why Gigabit Ethernet (GigE)?
GigE’s attributes are appealing for virtually any high-performance digital imaging application:
- Networking capacity enables versatile system design.
- Scalability enables an extended system life span.
- High-throughput rates enable real-time imaging.
- Low-cost cabling enables a lower overall system cost.
- Flexible cable enables greater bend radius.
- Long-distance reach enables greater design and installation options.
- Extra-industry adoption enables all users to reap rewards of innovative advances.
- Globally adopted vision standards enable interoperability.
All of the elements in our networked video connectivity portfolio are built for performance — high-throughput, exceptionally reliable data transfer, and ultra-low jitter and latency — and have been field-tested in thousands of applications worldwide.
Want to learn more about our comprehensive suite of elements for high-performance digital imaging? You’re invited to join our Support Center, where you’ll be provided with instant access to more detailed information on how our GigE-based hardware, software, firmware, and engineering expertise can optimize your vision system’s design.