Military & Global Surveillance Systems
Military, defence, and global surveillance systems designers have come to rely on Pleora’s networked video connectivity solutions for real-time imaging analysis.
Based on a rich portfolio of hardware, software, and firmware, all Pleora elements meet even the most stringent of video networking performance requirements, including those for local situational awareness (LSA) systems in military vehicles for land, water, and air.
Why GigE Vision over GigE?
Prime contractors choose our Gigabit Ethernet (GigE)-based solutions for networked video connectivity to:
- Increase personnel safety with extremely reliable and high-throughput rates for data.
- Cut costs by using commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cabling and components.
- Harden ground vehicles by eliminating windows and using real-time video transmission for maneuvering and situational awareness.
- Free-up space by eliminating PCs and displaying video directly onto monitors.
- Simplify cabling requirements and costs by networking the entire system.
- Future-proof their systems, since GigE scales easily to accommodate the addition of new sensors, displays, and processors.
- Upgrade legacy systems while leveraging high-value cameras.
- Enable the use of 360° situational awareness (360 SA) video from visible, infrared, and other wavelength cameras.
Military & global surveillance applications
Pleora’s networked video solutions have been deployed in varied military and global surveillance applications, including:
- Advanced surveillance-camera configurations based on switched Ethernet client/server architectures.
- Local situational awareness (LSA) or 360 SA systems in military vehicles.
Networked video connectivity in action
In the sample military application below, video from a mix of standard and specialty analog and digital surveillance cameras mounted on a military vehicle is transported reliably with low, consistent latency over a GigE network to mission computers, storage servers, and displays inside the vehicle. The driver uses video from this GigE network to navigate and this eliminates the need for windows, resulting in a hardened vehicle for greater personnel safety.
For more information on how Pleora’s GigE-based networked video connectivity solutions can bring value to military and global surveillance systems, we invite you to join our Support Center or give us a call at (613) 270-0625.