Medical Imaging Systems
Pleora’s high-throughput networked video connectivity solutions leverage the time-honored and trusted Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) platform.
In a medical environment, this means bringing together all the image sensors, PCs, processing units, and displays into a common framework that complements Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS) based on the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard.
Why GigE Vision over GigE?
Manufacturers choose Pleora’s GigE-based networked video connectivity for medical imaging and archiving to:
- Improve clinical workflow by increasing patient throughput.
- Drive down system costs by using commonly available components and cabling.
- Isolate PCs and other processing equipment from sterile environments.
- Extend the life of equipment by adapting it to be GigE Vision® compliant.
- Future-proof their systems, since our solution scales easily to accommodate the addition of new sensors, displays, and processors.
- Ensure reliable data transfer in conformance with regulations.
Medical imaging applications
Applications for Pleora’s medical imaging solutions include:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT scan)
- Image-guided surgery
- Digital radiography
- Dental imaging
- Veterinary radiology
Networked video connectivity in action
Below, we share an example of networked video in a real-world medical application. In the illustration, imaging data from the C-arm is converted to IP packets for reliable, real-time transport over a standard GigE network. The video processing unit in the control room enhances the images and streams them back over the network to the three displays shown in the operating room — and all with low, consistent latency.
For more information on how Pleora’s GigE-based networked video connectivity solutions can bring value to your medical imaging system, we invite you to join our Support Center or simply give us a call at (613) 270-0625.