AutoGEV™ XML Development Tool
Pleora's AutoGEV™ development tool makes it fast and easy for camera vendors, OEMs, and systems integrators to produce the extended mark-up language (XML) device description file referenced in the GigE Vision® and GenICam™ standards. The standards require the inclusion of this XML file with compliant cameras and other network elements.
From the user-friendly AutoGEV interface, developers select features in the Pleora IP engine to offer to their customers. Developers then map the camera-specific serial commands to each feature. With an exhaustive list of Standard Feature Naming Convention (SFNC) compliant features to choose from, camera manufacturers can be assured of a high-level of compatibility with third-party software packages, as well as a user-friendly GenICam interface. The AutoGEV tool also allows for the customization of attributes such as product name, part number, and manufacturer info, resulting in a camera with a polished and branded software interface.
AutoGEV XML development tool generates a database defining the relationships between these human-readable feature names, the GigE Vision registers used to access and control them, and the serial control commands of the camera or imaging system. The AutoGEV tool also automatically generates the XML description file, and can also generate a network-based firmware update executable, so that the database and GenICam XML file can be easily deployed to both a production environment, as well as existing cameras in the field.
- Expedites GenICam integration of any GigE Vision camera based on a Pleora IP engine.
- SFNC-compliant, assuring a high level of compatibility with third-party applications.
- Allows camera manufacturers to create a polished, branded software interface.
- Generates field-deployable firmware updaters, which can be sent to cameras via Ethernet.
- Straightforward GUI for camera database creation and management.
As a a powerful development tool for camera manufacturers and other system developers, the AutoGEV tool is compatible with the following Pleora iPORT™ IP engines:
- iPORT NTx-Pro IP engines
- iPORT NTx- Mini IP engines
- iPORT FB1000-ST IP engine