iPORT SB-U3 External Frame Grabbers
Pleora’s iPORT™ SB-U3 External Frame Grabbers improve the usability of Sony block cameras by allowing systems manufacturers and integrators to treat them as native USB3 Vision™ cameras. With these external frame grabbers, Sony block cameras can transport high-speed imaging and video data over the widely available USB 3.0 bus. The cameras can also be used with a broader selection of computing platforms, lowering system costs.
The SB-U3 presents a user friendly interface to the Sony® VISCA™ protocol set, both graphically and in the eBUS SDK (software development kit). This allows system designers to rapidly prototype interactions between the SB-U3, the Sony block camera, and their software as well as quickly deploy production-ready software.
The SB-U3 transmits full-resolution video with low, predictable latency over a USB 3.0 link at the maximum frames per second (fps) supported by a wide range of Sony camera block models. The connection at the PC is a standard USB 3.0 port, eliminating the need for a desktop PC with an available peripheral card slot for a traditional frame grabber. As a result, system designers can reduce system size, cost, and power consumption by using computing platforms with smaller form factors, such as laptops, embedded PCs, and single board computers.
Pleora’s SB-U3 External Frame Grabbers helps systems manufacturers and integrators to leverage the performance attributes of USB 3.0, including highbandwidth,power over cable, and plug-and-play usability. In addition, the frame grabbers support more flexible configurations, allowing multiple cameras to be aggregated to a single USB 3.0 port, when using an off-the-shelf USB 3.0 hub. The SB-U3 complies fully with the USB3 Vision and GenICam™ standards, ensuring interoperability with third-party equipment in multivendor environments.
- Transforms Sony block cameras into USB3 Vision cameras
- Power, control, and video over the same USB 3.0 cable
- Plugs into a wide range of computing platforms without needing a PCI frame grabber
- Transmits full-resolution images at the maximum rate supported by the block camera
- Simplifies Sony VISCA interface
- Sophisticated on-board programmable logic controller (PLC) allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, trigger, and control the operation of other vision elements
- Low, consistent latency
- Bundled with Pleora's feature rich e-BUS SDK application toolkit
iPORT SB-U3 Development Kit (900-6129)
Pleora's iPORT iPORT SB-U3 Development Kit enables the rapid design of prototypes and proof-of-concept demonstrations of vision systems using the company's iPORT SB-U3 External Frame Grabbers.
- Sony FCB-EV7500 block camera
- Sony FCB-EV7100 block camera
- Sony FCB-EV5500 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH6500 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH6300 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH3410 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH3310 block camera