iPORT SB-GigE External Frame Grabbers
Pleora’s iPORT™ SB-GigE External Frame Grabbers improve the usability of Sony block cameras by allowing systems manufacturers and integrators to treat them as native GigE Vision® cameras. With these external frame grabbers, Sony block cameras can leverage the simple, long-distance cabling of Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) for both video and control signals. The cameras can also be used with a broader selection of computing platforms, lowering system costs.
The SB-GigE presents a user friendly interface to the Sony® VISCA™ protocol set, both graphically and in the eBUS SDK (software development kit) . This allows system designers to rapidly prototype interactions between the SB-GigE, the Sony block camera, and their software as well as quickly deploy production-ready software.
The SB-GigE transmits full-resolution video with low, predictable latency over a GigE link. The connection at the PC is a standard GigE plug, eliminating the need for a desktop PC with an available peripheral card slot for a traditional frame grabber.
As a result, system designers can reduce system size, cost, and power consumption by using computing platforms with smaller form factors, such as laptops, embedded PCs, and single board computers.
GigE supports cabling distances of up to 100 meters using standard CAT5e/6 cabling. Deploying an off-the-shelf Ethernet switch, extended distances and more flexible network configurations are supported. Multiple cameras can be aggregated to a single port, imaging data can be multicast from one camera or image sensor to multiple displays, or images from multiple cameras can be combined on one computer or processing unit.
A sophisticated on-board programmable logic controller (PLC) and support for the IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, trigger, and control the operation of other vision system elements.
The SB-GigE is bundled with Pleora’s feature rich application toolkit, eBUS™ SDK, and compatible with Pleora’s vDisplay™ External Frame Grabbers, which deliver video directly to a monitor.
- Transforms Sony block cameras into GigE Vision cameras
- Power, control, and video over the same cable
- Plugs into a wide range of computing platforms without needing a PCI frame grabber
- Transmits full-resolution images at the maximum rate supported by the block camera
- Converts video to 8-bit monochrome formats to conserve bandwidth (except in 1080p modes at 50 fps or higher)
- Simplifies Sony VISCA interface
- Synchronizes image capture with other elements of the system
- Low, predictable latency
iPORT SB-GigE Development Kit
The iPORT SB-GigE Development Kit enables the rapid design of prototypes and proof-of-concept demonstrations of vision systems using the company's iPORT™ iPORT SB-GigE External Frame Grabbers.
- Sony FCB-EV7500 block camera
- Sony FCB-EV7100 block camera
- Sony FCB-EV5500 block camera
- Sony FCB-SE600 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH6500 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH6300 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH3410 block camera
- Sony FCB-EH3310 block camera
Supoprt for the following cameras is available on an application-specific basis. Follow the links below to contact Pleora Sales for more information