iPORT CL-GigE External Frame Grabbers
Pleora’s iPORT™ CL-GigE External Frame Grabbers allow manufacturers and integrators to treat Camera Link® Base configuration cameras as native GigE Vision® cameras in vision systems operating in -40°C to +60°C environments.
With these external frame grabbers, designed specifically for highly reliable video transmission in challenging operating conditions, Camera Link cameras can enjoy the long-distance cabling reach, computing platform support, and networking advantages of Gigabit Ethernet (GigE).
The iPORT CL-GigE converts video data from Camera Link cameras to packets and transmits it over a GigE link with low, predictable latency. GigE supports cabling distances of up to 100 meters using standard CAT5e/6 cabling. With off-the-shelf Ethernet switches, distances can be unlimited. Integrated Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Power over Camera Link (PoCL) capabilities enable one-cable installations to further simplify design and reduce component count.
The connection at the computing platform is a standard GigE plug, eliminating the need for a desktop PC with an available peripheral card slot. As a result, manufacturers and integrators can reduce system size, cost, and power consumption by using computing platforms with smaller form factors, such as laptops, embedded PCs, and single-board computers.
The industrial-grade frame grabbers comply fully with the GigE Vision and GenICam™ standards, enabling interoperability with third-party equipment in multi-vendor systems. An on-board programmable logic controller (PLC) and IEEE 1588 capabilities allow users to precisely control, trigger, and synchronize equipment and multiple cameras, while the sophisticated GPIO minimizes the effects of electrical noise.
The iPORT CL-GigE is supported by Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS™ SDK application tool kit and drivers. With this software suite, designers can rapidly prototype and deploy production-ready software to support video transmission over GigE, 10 GigE, USB 3.0, and wireless using the same application programming interface (API).
With Pleora’s iPORT CL-GigE, manufacturers and integrators can shorten time-to-market, lower design and component costs, and reduce deployment risk by reusing expensive or application-specific Camera Link cameras in GigE Vision installations, with minimal software development.
- Transmits video from Camera Link Base cameras over GigE
- Extended operating temperature range of -40°C to +60°C
- Plugs into a wide range of computing platforms without needing a PCI frame grabber
- Compact and low power
- Screw surface mountable enclosure
- Line scan and area scan modes
- 120 MB frame buffer to accommodate multi-mega pixel sensor sizes
- Record and playback capability
- GigE Vision and GenICam compatible
- Supports IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol and action commands
- Supports both PoE and externally-powered options
- Power over Camera Link (PoCL)
- Sophisticated on-board programmable logic controller (PLC) allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, trigger, and control the operation of other vision system elements
- Low, predictable latency
- Bundled with Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS™ SDK application Toolkit
- Fully supported by a comprehensive development kit